Sunday, February 21, 2010

2-21 thru 2-14 Catch-Up

2-21

Sam and his new Glow Dome! The toy is really a lot of fun, and so was getting this shot! Sam was super cooperative and held still so I could keep the shutter open long enough.


2-20


Yet another basketball Saturday! The boys were glad to get back to it after their vacation hiatus. I like shooting in this gym, there is so much light! Ben was very focused on this free throw; if I remember correctly, he was 1 for 2.

2-19


On the way home from picking up the kids at school, I saw the sun streaking through the clouds at end of the street. This was a challenging shot to get, and I'm not quite sure I did it justice. The day was very gray and gloomy and the streaks of sun were so bright! Its hard not to over expose that contrast. But, I guess that's why I'm doing this project... to learn new skills!


2-18

A quick pic of the boys hanging out in the playroom with their favorite things: DS, books, Lego's. (Sam has tiny Lego people in his hands. Just ask him. He'll remember exactly which ones they are and what accessories go with them!)


2-17


The birthday boy blowing out candles! I was a little disappointed with this shot... it is perfectly focused on the candles, and my little candle-blower is a touch blurry. But, I still love his expression! And, no, he was not tired of celebrating his 7th birthday. Not at all!


2-16


I spent the day on Tuesday 2-16 doing laundry and catching up with life after our big vacation, Valentines Day, and Sam's birthday party. So, late the night of the 16th, I decorated for Sam's real birthday. Somewhere along the line, we started a tradition of hanging streamers from the door way of their bedroom so that they wake up to some fun decoration on their birthday. Well, this year we had plenty of decorations... from the surprise on the cruise and the festivities on 2-15, so I went all out decorating the house. This is what the breakfast table looked like. One thing I learned through this: Toby does NOT like balloons and will NOT go near them!

2-15


On Monday, 2-15, we had a surprise party for Sam at the bowling alley in CDA. It was President's Day (and Ryan's birthday) so most everyone was able to make it. Sam had expressed his desire for a "really special" birthday and let us know that he wanted a "surprise" as well. So, we were able to put this together at the last minute and have a really great time. (The bowling alley wasn't exactly pleased with us, but that's another story...)


2-14



Valentine's Day was our first day home after the big Disney trip. Lucky for us, Great-Grandma had sent these special Valentine treats for us to enjoy. We spent most of the day in our jammies, just relaxing, and my Valentine went out and picked up dinner (so I didn't have to cook!), and we all enjoyed the candies for dessert that evening.

No comments: