Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ski day #3

Fresh powder! I just had to head up the mountain and get some!
I didn't get on the lift till 10am, rode basin express to midway, which was full of soft semi crud. It was fun to ride through it, at the end I cut up onto starfish and found fresh patches. It was right about then that the perma-smile started!



Next I headed up the great escape and down to loophole loop. The great divide was ok this time, but got worse each time I went. That's the price you pay, I suppose. I skied loophole 3 times in a row! I was able to make fresh tracks and I felt like I was *floating* down every time. It was amazing. And even though I practically had to jog on the cat track back to the lift, that run was worth it. Perfect conditions for me to practice bouncing through powder!
I went to the backside via Vagabon, rode Stella up, got a wild hair and went down Kathy's yard sale!!!



Maybe not the best day to try it for the first time, but I made it down. The standard was knee deep powder with mid-thigh deeps in between the bumps.


 I am so glad I didn't lose a ski! It was beautiful in there with the trees, and the sun was shining (can you see my shadow in the picture?). I got down 2/3 of the run then cut over to Zip Down. That one was pretty cut up, but still soft over all.
So my stats for the day were:
7 Runs, 12.77 miles, 27 mph max speed, 10,161 ft of vertical. All in 1.5 hours!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: